Floating Info is an Android application that displays the following in a system overlay window:
* The application name, package name and process id of the application which is currently in the device's foreground
* The Global CPU utilisation with a per-core breakdown - This is not foreground application specific.
* Memory usage breakdown for the currently foregrounded process (read the notes for the caveats).
Notes and Caveats
* The application will show the memory allocation of the currently foregrounded process which it gets by getting the Process Id of the currently foregrounded activity. This means that if an application has spawned multiple processes, this application will only show the memory utilisation of the main process.
* The Memory information displayed come via a Debug.MemoryInfo object, while using reflection to expose a number of hidden fields.
* Data updates happen approximately every 1 second.
Android Memory Usage
Memory management on Android is pretty complex and the easiest way to get started with understanding it is reading this article (https://developer.android.com/tools/debugging/debugging-memory.html) - especially the "Viewing Overall Memory Allocations" section.
GitHub Link: https://github.com/alt236/Floating-Info---Android
Floating Info is a free software application from the System Maintenance subcategory, part of the System Utilities category.
The app is currently available in English and it was last updated on 2014-07-03. The program can be installed on Android.
Floating Info (version 1.0) is available for download from our website.
Just click the green Download button above to start. Until now the program was downloaded 0 times.
We already checked that the download link to be safe, however for your own protection we recommend that you scan the downloaded software with your antivirus.